.

.

Bok bok bok?

6:31 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
  Kyle and I read books together at night before we go to bed. I have a hard time listening when other people read because I am anal and Kyle loves to have me read to him so it works out really nicely with me reading and it's something we really enjoy doing together. We have read quite a lot of books so far, mostly Michael Crichton because he is one of Kyles favorite authors. When picking a new book to start Kyle suggested we read "It" by Stephen King, I protested that it was too scary but Kyle is set on reading it.

     Well.....we are like 1 and 1/2 chapters in and I was bawling while reading it last night. Then I couldn't fall asleep and had nightmares when I finally did. Wyatt woke up screaming last night which he doesn't do very often and I was so scared to get out of bed and go make him a bottle. I sprinted down the hall after working up the courage and flicked on the light- He didn't want the bottle at all so I was freaked out because I couldnt figure out what was wrong and my imagination ran away for a second with thoughts of something scary in his room upsetting him. I pushed away those thoughts and finally got him back down and put the bottle back in the fridge. Then I was too scared to turn out the kitchen light so I ran to the bedroom and flicked on our bathroom light, ran back to the kitchen flicked off the light and bolted down the hall as fast as I could to the bathroom. I waited a minute or two to work up the courage to turn out the bathroom light and then launched myself into bed.

I know how ridiculous this is. I am a grown woman and I am afraid of the dark. I just have such a  vivid imagination and I let it get the best of me a lot when it comes to being scared. I don't know what to do now, normally after I start something I have to finish it so I know what happens and can get some sort of closure....but with how little we have read in the book is that really necessary? I wonder if Kyle will insist we go on or not? Do I want to?

0 comments: